PARIS 2024 PARALYMPIC GAMES - Sitting Volleyball
Two gold medals will be at stake at Paris 2024 Paralympic Games in the men’s and women’s competitions.
The sitting volleyball competition at Paris 2024 will feature eight teams in each of the men’s and women’s competitions, with qualification through continental events. The sitting volleyball events will take place between the 29th of August and the 7th of September 2024.
Paris 2024 Paralympic Games Player Eligibility
To be eligible as a player for the 2024 Paris Paralympics, players must have competed in a World ParaVolley sanctioned competition between 1 January 2022 and 30 June 2024.
Recognised sanctioned competitions are World ParaVolley events, Zone Championships and Regional Paralympic Games. These include:
2022 World Championships
2023 Zone Championships (PVA, PVPA, PVAO and PVE)
2023 World Cup
2023 Asia Para Games, African Para Games, Para PanAm Games
2024 Final Paralympic Qualifier
2023 Women’s World Super 6
2023 / 2024 Men’s World Super 6 (subject to confirming a host and event dates)
The Venue – The North Paris Arena
North Paris Arena is located in the Villepinte exhibition centre in Seine-Saint-Denis. This venue will host the preliminary rounds of the boxing events and the fencing ranking round of the modern pentathlon event during the Olympic Games, as well as the sitting volleyball events during the Paralympic Games.
|Stoke Mandeville & New York 1984||M||Netherlands||FR Germany||Sweden|
|Sydney 2000||M||Iran||Bosnia & Herzegovina||Finland|
|Athens 2004||M||Bosnia & Herzegovina||Iran||Egypt|
|Athens 2004||W||China||Netherlands||United States|
|Beijing 2008||M||Iran||Bosnia & Herzegovina||Russia|
|Beijing 2008||W||China||United States||Netherlands|
|London 2012||M||Bosnia & Herzegovina||Iran||Germany|
|London 2012||W||China||United States||Ukraine|
|Rio 2016||M||Iran||Bosnia & Herzegovina||Egypt|
|Rio 2016||W||United States||China||Brazil|
|Tokyo 2020||M||Iran||RPC||Bosnia & Herzegovina|
|Tokyo 2020||W||United States||China||Brazil|
Specific Competition Regulations (not yet available)
Paris 2024 Paralympic Games Qualification Process
|PVA Zone Championships|
|PVAO Zone Championships|
|PVE Zone Championships|
|PVPA Zone Championships||Brazil||United States|
|Paris 2024 Final Qualification Tournaments|
The qualification process for Paris 2024 is as follows:
- France as host is automatically qualified.
- Iran (M) and Brazil (W) have qualified from the 2022 World Championships.
The remaining positions will be determined by:
- Pan America – Winner (M) and Winner or highest placed non-qualified team (W) Zonal Championships
- Africa – Winner (M) and Winner (W) Zonal Championships
- Asia – Winner or highest placed non-qualified team (M) and Winner (W) Zonal Championships
- Europe – Winner or highest placed non-qualified teams. (M & W) Zonal Championships
- World Cup (Egypt) – Winner or highest placed non-qualified teams (M & W)
- Final Qualification Event (TBD) – Winner or highest placed non-qualified teams (M & W)