This year, World ParaVolley will be celebrating 40 years of involvement in the Paralympic Games (1980 to 2020) on International World ParaVolley Day, 24 April 2020 in China, on the occasion of the first Sitting Volleyball World Cup.
This competition is designed to celebrate sitting volleyball as a truly international sport for people with physical impairments that has been an important part of the Paralympic Games for 40 years.
- Any sitting volleyball event, at any level, past or present (not other disciplines)
- Only the Molten volleyball if a volleyball is in the picture
- No photoshopping
- An individual photo can be entered in multiple categories
- No limit to the number of entries per person
- Photo Judges are ineligible to enter
- May be colour or black/white photos
- Only electronic photos accepted
- Captions can be provided
- Resolution range: High-resolution image of at least 300 dpi at 5,000 pixels on the longest side
- No watermarks should be applied (the photographer will be acknowledged)
- By entering the competition, the photographer acknowledges that World ParaVolley may utilise the photos in any media free of charge
Categories of photographs
- Best female player photo
- Best male player photo
- Best action photo
- Most creative or unique photo
- Most emotional photo
- Most humorous photo
- Best overall photo
- Certificates awarded to all winners
- Winner of best overall photo receives a Molten volleyball
- Entries can be made immediately
- Final due date for entries 1 April 2020 (GMT)
- Enter by lodging photos online at bit.ly/WPV40Photo
- Receipt of photos will not be acknowledged
- A special Committee will be established to judge the photos.
Finalists and winners will be announced at the International World ParaVolley Day dinner in China on 24 April 2020.
Anna Tomas, World ParaVolley Communications Manager
See full competition rules here.