The World ParaVolley Board of Directors is pleased to announce that the Athletes’ Commission has been established and is underway in providing valuable feedback to the Organization via the newly elected Chair, Jose Rebelo.
After recently held world-wide electronic elections, the following athlete representatives were chosen by current athletes of World ParaVolley:
• Jose Rebelo (CAN) – Chair and member of the Board
• Tatiana Ivanova (RUS) – Vice-Chair and member of the Board
• Nicole Nieves (USA) – Member Pan America
• Emile Vunigabo (RWA) – Member Africa
• Masoumeh Barouti (IRI) – Member Asia/Oceania
• Ivan Cosic (CRO) – Member Europe
• Dave Newkirk (USA) – Beach ParaVolley Member
The make-up of the Commission is characterised by having four male and three female members with all World ParaVolley Zones represented by past or present players from six different countries. “It is truly representative and well-balanced,” World ParaVolley President Barry Couzner said.
The final seven representatives were chosen from 25 nominated candidates around the world from all four Zones of World ParaVolley.
Jose Rebelo attended the Board meeting held in Hangzhou 11-13 March 2019 as a voting member as required by the 2018 General Assembly that brought about changes to the structure of the Board to include both a male and a female representative in line with modern practices.