World ParaVolley Terms and Conditions
Last updated: June 16, 2021
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using Our Service.
1 Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
- Country refers to: Netherlands.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “World ParaVolley”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to World ParaVolley / Stichting Promotie Volleyball voor Gehandicapten, De Uitweg 5, CD 3956 Leersum, Utrecht.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Service refers to services provided by the Company, including the Website.
- Terms and Conditions (also referred as “Terms”) mean these Terms and Conditions that form the entire agreement between You and the Company regarding the use of the Service.
- Third-party Service means any services or content (including data, information, products or services) provided by a third-party that may be displayed, included or made available by the Service.
- Website refers to the World ParaVolley website accessible from https://www.worldparavolley.org, and its subdomains:
- You (also referred to as “Your”) means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
These are the Terms and Conditions governing the use of this Service and the agreement that operates between You and the Company. These Terms and Conditions set out the rights and obligations of all users regarding the use of the Service.
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on Your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If You disagree with any part of these Terms and Conditions, then You may not access the Service.
You represent that You are over the age of 16. The Company does not permit those under 16 to use the Service.
To access certain parts of the Service, the Company may require You to register an account with Us and provide certain information about yourself. Such registration shall be subject to, if any, specific terms of registration. Where You register, You confirm that You are 16 years of age or over and also agree to provide information about yourself that is true, accurate, current and complete as prompted by the relevant registration form. Such information must be maintained by You to ensure it is fully up to date. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms, which may result in immediate termination of Your account on Our Service.
Where You register for an account on the Website, You will be allocated a username and password.
You are responsible for safeguarding the password that You use to access the Service and for any activities or actions under Your password, whether Your password is with Our Service or a third-party service.
These account details must be used solely by You; sharing Your username and password with any other person or making it available to multiple users on a network is strictly prohibited. Accordingly, You agree to:
- maintain the security of Your username and password and be fully responsible for all use of the Website made using Your username and password.
- immediately notify World ParaVolley if You become aware of any unauthorized use of Your username and password or any other breach of security by sending an appropriately worded email to the contact details shown on the Contact section of the Website.
- ensure that You exit from Your website account at the end of each session.
4 Conduct on the Service / Prohibited use
Your use of the Service is subject to all applicable laws and regulations, and You are solely responsible for the substance of Your communications through the Website.
You agree not to use the Service:
- to place or send any material which is or may infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party or be unlawful, threatening, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, obscene, indecent, offensive, pornographic (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals), abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy, or otherwise violates Our rules or policies which may cause annoyance or inconvenience or may restrict or inhibit the use of the Website by any person or which constitutes or encourages conduct that may be considered a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability in any country in the world.
- in such a way that victimises, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability.
- in such a way that infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party, or that removes the copyright or trademark notice(s) from any copies of any material made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- to place advertisements on the Website or use the Website for any other commercial purposes (which would include using the Website to promote or encourage the sale of Your goods/services).
- to place or send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation.
- to place or send any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed or intended to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party;
- to impersonate any person or entity, including any of Our employees or representatives.
- to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from the Website.
- to place links on the Service where those links take users to unlawful material or material that breach these Terms and Conditions.
- to send or re-circulate any material obtained from the Service to any third party except where expressly permitted on the Website.
- to place or send any material which compromises the privacy or security of anyone other than yourself.
- to place or send any material which does or may bring the Company or any of its brands into dispute or in any way damage their reputation.
- to place or send any material where use of the material by the Company, or any third party licensed or permitted by the Company, will give rise to any third-party claims.
- to post link(s) that take users to material that breaches any of the above restrictions.
We neither endorse nor assume any liability for the contents of any material uploaded or submitted by third-party users of the Website. We generally do not pre-screen, monitor, or edit the content posted by users of any interactive services that may be available on or through this Service.
We and Our agents have the right at their sole discretion to remove any content that, in Our judgment, does not comply with these Terms and Conditions and any other rules of user conduct for Our Service, or is otherwise harmful, objectionable, or inaccurate. We are not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such content. You hereby consent to such removal and waive any claim against Us arising out of such removal of content.
In addition, You acknowledge that We will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in investigating suspected criminal violations.
5 Intellectual Property
By accepting these Terms and Conditions, You acknowledge and agree that all content presented to You on this Website is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws, and is the sole property of World ParaVolley or is included with the permission of the owner of the rights.
You are only permitted to use the content as expressly authorized by Us or the specific content provider.
You may download a single copy of the material on the Website on a single computer for Your own private viewing/listening purposes only.
Single copies of pages from the Website may be printed out for the sole purposes of enabling the person printing the page to retain a copy for their own personal records.
No copying or distribution of material on the Website for any commercial or business use is permitted without Our prior written consent.
No photography, filming, broadcast, alteration, or modification of the pages of the Website is permitted without Our prior written consent except as may be reasonably necessary to use the Website in good faith.
All Company trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and graphics, logos, designs, page headers and button icons are the intellectual property rights of Company and neither they, nor any confusingly similar versions, may be used by You, including (but not limited to) as part of any trademarks, domain names and/or social media names or tags without the prior written consent of the Company other than for the purpose of referring to the Company and its associated brands lawfully and in good faith (only).
6 User Generated Content
The pages of the Website where You are permitted to post content are provided for Your private, non-commercial exchange of lawful, relevant, fair, and appropriate information, opinions and comment. Use of the Website that is inconsistent with those stated purposes is strictly prohibited. By submitting any content to the Website, You:
- grant the Company the right to use such content and all material embodied in that content for any purposes including, without limitation, to edit, copy, reproduce, translate, disclose, post and/or remove such content from the Website and waive all of the moral rights that You may have in respect of any material You post to the Website.
- contractually promise to the Company that all such content complies with the provisions of section 4 (Prohibited Content).
- acknowledge that the Company may require You to confirm the above rights and agree to do so within 7 days of any request from the Company.
The Company reserves the right (but not the obligation) at its sole discretion to refuse, review, edit, move, or remove any content that is posted to, or available on, the Website without the need to give any reasons for doing so. However, the Company will not review the materials that You or anyone else makes to the Website and therefore, unless We are specifically notified of the nature of any item of content, You cannot assume that the Company is aware of it.
7 Links to Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by the Company.
The Company has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency, practices or any other aspect of any third-party websites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that the Company shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or services.
We strongly advise You to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that You visit.
We may, at Our sole discretion, terminate or suspend Your access to all or some of the Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if You breach these Terms and Conditions.
Upon termination, Your right to use the Service will immediately cease. If You wish to terminate Your account, You may simply discontinue using the Service.
9 Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall the Company or its suppliers be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, loss of data or other information, for business interruption, for personal injury, loss of privacy arising out of or in any way related to the use of or inability to use the Service, third-party software and/or third-party hardware used with the Service, or otherwise in connection with any provision of this Terms), even if the Company or any supplier has been advised of the possibility of such damages and even if the remedy fails of its essential purpose.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, which means that some of the above limitations may not apply. In these jurisdictions, each party’s liability will be limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
10 “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” Disclaimer
The Service is provided to You “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” and with all faults and defects without warranty of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, the Company expressly disclaims all warranties, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, with respect to the Service, including all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, and warranties that may arise out of course of dealing, course of performance, usage or trade practice.
Without limiting the foregoing, neither the Company nor any of the company’s providers makes any representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied:
- that the Service will meet Your requirements.
- that the Service will achieve any intended results.
- that the Service be compatible or work with any other software, applications, systems or services.
- that the Service meets any performance or reliability standards, operates without interruption, is error-free or that any errors or defects can or will be corrected.
- as to the operation or availability of the Service, or the information, content, and materials or products included thereon.
- as to the accuracy, reliability, or currency of any information or content provided through the Service.
- that the Service, its servers, the content, or e-mails sent from or on behalf of the Company are free of viruses, scripts, trojan horses, worms, malware, timebombs or other harmful components.
We are not liable for damages, direct or consequential, resulting from Your use of the Website, and You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Us harmless from any claims, losses, liability costs and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from Your violation of any third-party’s rights. You acknowledge that You have only a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Website. Because the Website is not error or bug free, You agree that you will use it carefully and avoid using it ways which might result in any loss of Your or any third party’s property or information.
You acknowledge that some of the content may be supplied by third parties and the accuracy and completeness of it will not have been checked by the Company. No liability shall be accepted by the Company for any inaccuracy or omission in the information provided on the Service or World ParaVolley Materials. All implied warranties are excluded from these Terms and Conditions to the extent that they may be excluded as a matter of law.
The Website may contain links to third-party websites where You may purchase items. You acknowledge that when making a purchase from a third-party website You enter into a contract with that third-party at Your own risk and the Company will bear no liability for that contract. Please note that THIRD PARTIES may operate such shopping sites with reference to the name of the Website, but that does not mean that the Company is responsible for their conduct or any contracts that You enter with them.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain types of warranties or limitations on applicable statutory rights of a consumer, so some or all of the above exclusions and limitations may not apply to You. But in such a case the exclusions and limitations set forth in this section shall be applied to the greatest extent enforceable under applicable law.
11 Governing Law
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Netherlands without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding Our Service and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding the Service.
12 Disputes Resolution
If You have any concern or dispute about the Service, You agree to first try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting the Company.
13 For European Union (EU) Users
If You are a European Union consumer, You will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which You are resident in.
14 United States Legal Compliance
You represent and warrant that (i) You are not located in a country that is subject to the United States government embargo, or that has been designated by the United States government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and (ii) You are not listed on any United States government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
15 Severability and Waiver
If any provision of these Terms is held to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision will be changed and interpreted to accomplish the objectives of such provision to the greatest extent possible under applicable law and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
Except as provided herein, the failure to exercise a right or to require performance of an obligation under this Terms shall not affect a party’s ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time thereafter nor shall be the waiver of a breach constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach.
16 Translation Interpretation
These Terms and Conditions may have been translated if We have made them available to You on Our Service. You agree that the original English text shall prevail in the case of a dispute.
17 Changes to These Terms and Conditions
We expressly reserve the right, at Our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms and Conditions from time to time without notice to You, effective upon its posting to the Website. You acknowledge and agree that it is Your responsibility to review this Website and these Terms and Conditions from time to time and to familiarize Yourself with any modifications. Your continued use of this Website after such modifications become effective will constitute acknowledgement of the modified Terms and Conditions and agreement to abide and be bound by the modified Terms and Conditions. If You do not agree to the new terms, in whole or in part, please stop using the website and the Service.
18 Contact Us
If You have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, You can contact Us:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org