The World ParaVolley Sport Department is seeking Expressions of Interests (EOIs) for the roles of Assistant Sport Director – Sitting Volleyball and Assistant Sport Director – Beach ParaVolley.
These volunteer roles work closely with the Sport Director and form a critical team that supports the development and delivery of World ParaVolley’s major disciplines of sitting volleyball and beach paravolley.
The Assistant Sport Directors will work with the Sport Director to:
- Develop and deliver on the Sport Department’s strategic plan;
- Engage closely with the Sport Department Commissions and Committees to build capacity in technical officials, processes, events, refereeing, coaching, rules of the game and regulations, requires ability to manage communications and administrative functions;
- Perform duties related to event management at a high level, including high level of technical proficiency;
- Work closely with technical delegates for WPV tournaments and events to support preparation;
- Build greater alignment between sitting volleyball, beach paravolley and other disciplines as needed.
- Develop and update standard templates for competition formats and contracts for major events, documents and resource materials;
- Identify potential event partners and hosts, conduct bidding processes;
- Develop and support our international events calendar
If you would like to assist World ParaVolley, please send a short EOI (no more than one page), and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org that outlines:
- your experience, skills, and background that you would bring to these roles,
- what challenges and opportunities you see for sitting volleyball and/or beach paravolley, and
- what you hope to achieve by taking on one of these roles, and
- how much time you might be able to contribute.
There are many areas to make a difference, you are encouraged to provide your interest and ideas, whether it is in building documentation and materials, events management, training materials, IT systems, or officials development.
We encourage people from outside of the World ParaVolley community to consider applying for these roles, as you will bring new ideas from different sports or our related disciplines of volleyball and beach volleyball.
If you have any questions please contact the Sport Director, Dr. Stephen GIUGNI OAM (AUS) at email@example.com
EOIs close on 3 February 2023.