World ParaVolley believes it is fundamental to protect the right of its athletes to participate in a healthy doping-free sport, thus ensuring fairness and equality. It thus fully endorses the principles and purposes of the World Anti-Doping Code (WADC) and is committed, through its members and athletes, to achieving a doping-free sporting environment at all levels.
ANTI-DOPING CODE & RULES
The World Anti-Doping Code (Code) is the core document that brings together anti-doping policies, rules and regulations within sport organizations and among public authorities around the world. It is the anti-doping system framework. The rules of anti-doping in World Paravolley are compliant with the WADA code and are thoroughly explained in the World ParaVolley Anti-Doping Code and Rules document which you can view below.
- World ParaVolley Anti-Doping Code and Rules v3.0 (pdf)
- Information about World ParaVolley Anti-Doping Code and Rules (pdf)
- WADA Anti-Doping Code (web link)
- WADA International Standards (web link)
The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Prohibited List identifies the substances and methods prohibited in- and out-of-competition, and in particular sports. The substances and methods on the List are classified by different categories (e.g. steroids, stimulants, gene doping). You can view and download a copy of the Prohibited List by clicking on the link below to visit the WADA website. This list is updated every year so it is important that athletes are familiar with the most up-to-date list.
- World ParaVolley Information about the Prohibited List (pdf)
- WADA Prohibited List Information 2018 (web link)
- WADA Prohibited List 2018 (web link pdf)
- WADA Prohibited List Information 2019 (web link)
- WADA Prohibited List 2019 (weblink pdf)
THERAPEUTIC USE EXEMPTIONS (TUE’s) & TESTING
World ParaVolley requires a TUE for every international competition for any athlete who intends to use a medication for a documented medical condition that contains a substance on the Prohibited list that would otherwise be considered to be an anti-doping rule violation.
- World ParaVolley Guide to Therapeutic Use Exemptions (pdf)
- WADA Guide to Therapeutic Use Exemptions – with Flow Chart (web link)
- World ParaVolley Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) form (pdf)
- ADAMS (web link)
WORLD PARAVOLLEY ATHLETE & TEAM GUIDE TO ANTI-DOPING
This excellent guide provides information to athletes and teams about doping in Sport, athlete responsibilities, the prohibited list (links and apps to check medications), testing procedures and whereabouts, and athlete retirement responsibilities. It is, however a guide and is not a substitute for the language of the Code.
The WADA Athlete Reference Guide to the 2015 Anti-Doping Code is also an excellent easy-to-read resource for athletes and teams and helps athletes and teams to understand the rules.
- World ParaVolley Athlete & Team Guide to Anti-Doping (pdf)
- WADA Athlete Reference Guide to the 2015 Anti-Doping Code (web link)
- Athlete Retirement form (fillable pdf form)
ANTI-DOPING RESOURCES & EDUCATION
World ParaVolley supports WADA in the promotion of clean sport. The athlete, coach, manager, and national federations will find education resources and tools in this section to guide learning on anti-doping.
ALPHA is the Athlete Learning Program about Health & Anti-Doping. It provides factual information about anti-doping (Ethical Reasons not to Dope, Medical Reasons not to Dope, The Doping Control Process, Rights and Responsibilities, TUEs, Whereabouts) and values based activities.
To connect to ALPHA please click here.
REGISTERED TESTING POOL INFORMATION
Testing pool criteria and RTP lists soon to be posted.
ANTI-DOPING RULE VIOLATIONS (ADRVs)
May 2018 – There are no athletes currently serving a period of ineligibility due to an anti-doping rule violation.