World ParaVolley aims to deliver a variety of the highest quality Volleyball programs and competitions for athletes with a physical impairment through the implementation of effective governance, development, training, education, research and event management activities.
- Encourage the growth and development of the sport in all nations of the world through a planned and organized programme of events, education, training and research.
- Discuss, analyse and approve proposals for the continual improvement of the development, delivery and promotion of Sitting Volleyball and Beach ParaVolley (Standing) for women, men and youth.
- Ensure that the policies and regulations that govern the sport are applied in all appropriate circumstances with an emphasis on technical, classification and anti-doping activities.
- Sanction, schedule, plan and deliver all international competitions and championships for the athletes with a focus on the Paralympic Games and the World Championships.
- Convene all meetings necessary for the efficient and proper governance, structures, planning, organization and administration of World ParaVolley.
- Create and support all Commissions and Committees deemed necessary for the effective conduct of World ParaVolley duties, and manage the appointments of experts to such Commissions and Committees.
- Establish and improve the highest standards for the certification of Coaches and the licensing of Technical Officials, Referees, Classifiers and Medical personnel for all international competitions.
- Provide support to all Zones and World ParaVolley Members to improve their activities and events.
- Promote the sport by establishing, maintaining and developing professional working relationships with relevant external organisations such as the International Paralympic Committee (IPC), the Association of Paralympic Sports Organisations (APSO), the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and the International Volleyball Federation (FIVB).
- Maintain a documented history of the sport by recording and reporting on all major international competitions and other significant events, developments and activities.
- Manage the World ParaVolley finances, raise funds and invite partnership contributions from any suitable person or group by way of donations, sponsorship and other support in order to achieve financial sustainability.